Learn how to use F#'s functional features to rapidly turn requirements into software designs that are correct, complete, extensible, bug-free, and easy to read and understand.
About This Video
- Set up an F# development environment that works best for you
- Rapidly model your application's problem domain using F#'s functional, immutable data types and collections
- Build simple-to-complex application behavior with F# functions
Developers are challenged today to build applications in less time, while maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, security, and performance. The F# programming language can help you meet these challenges by letting you write solutions with less code, fewer bugs, and better alignment with business requirements.
This video course starts by showing how to use the functional features of F# to rapidly turn requirements into software designs that are correct, complete, extensible, bug-free, and easy to read and understand. We will start by setting up our F# development environment and reviewing some key language features. We'll then look in depth at two powerful techniques for building real-world F# applications: type-first design and function composition. We'll then learn to leverage advanced F# tools to build and test applications.
The video course examines key language features and functional programming techniques with the goal of providing a good understanding of the basic building blocks that can be used to build higher abstractions and more comprehensive solutions. As we go, we will learn how to set up a development environment and design a build process with tools that leverage the F# language.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Tools for Building, Testing, and Delivering F# Solutions
- The Course Overview 00:02:21
- Setting Up for F# Development in Visual Studio 00:08:22
- Setting Up for F# Development in Visual Studio Code 00:05:22
- Creating and Building F# Projects in Visual Studio Code 00:08:53
- Unit Testing in F# 00:06:33
- Advanced Unit Testing with F# 00:13:23
- Chapter 2 : Key Features of the F# Language
- Chapter 3 : Type-First Application Design
Chapter 4 : Building Systems with Functions
- Pure and Impure Functions 00:04:33
- Using Higher Order Functions for Dependency Injection 00:06:20
- Reusing Partial Functions 00:05:50
- Building Complex Behavior with Function Composition 00:06:45
- Implementing Behavior with State Machines 00:11:25
- Title: Building F# Applications
- Release date: September 2017
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788298858