Create engaging data-driven and interactive visualizations to display complex data using D3.js
About This Video
Produce beautiful and impactful data visualizations for the Web
Create highly interactive scatterplots and geo graphic maps
Use data to tell a story with custom and novel methods of visualization
Incorporate interactivity to enable users to dynamically change visualizations
This course starts with the very basics of frontend web development showing the challenges of incorporating dynamic graphics without using D3. Users learn to combine data with visual elements on the page to create informative visualizations. By the end of this section, viewers will be comfortable with using the D3 library to create their own custom concept of data-driven visualizations.
We’ll see how to use real datasets via APIs to create custom visualizations. By leveraging the interactive nature of web programming we’ll look at how to incorporate user input to add interactivity to our visualization. We’ll start with basic scatter plots and slowly build upon this foundation to create more complicated forms of dynamic data visualizations. Eventually we’ll end the video course by walking through the process of creating a completely novel form of visualization merging concepts of both a scatter plot and a geographic map.
Building Interactive Data Visualization with D3.js provides one with the foundation to continue on their journey of creating novel and highly impactful data visualizations.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Getting Started
- Chapter 2 : Binding Data to HTML Elements
- Chapter 3 : Using SVG
- Chpater 4 : Entering, Updating, and Exiting with Data and SVG Shapes
- Chapter 5 : Building Our First Visualization – A Scatter-plot
- Chapter 6 : Adding Interactivity
- Chapter 7 : Adding Transitions
- Chapter 8 : Building a GeoMap
- Chapter 9 : Putting It All Together - Geo-scatter
- Title: Building Interactive Data Visualizations with D3.js
- Release date: September 2015
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783283736