Build maintainable, testable & scalable Microservices with Node.js.
About This Video
- Create deployment pipelines for efficiently releasing lightning quick updates and fixes for your applications
- Gain hands-on experience with advanced techniques of architecting and building an application with microservices
- Deploy your microservices to a cluster of containers and scale easily
- Advanced design patterns to create efficient microservices
Microservices enable us to develop software in small pieces that work together but can be developed separately, one of the reasons why enterprises have started embracing them. For the past few years, Node.js has emerged as a strong candidate for developing these microservices because of its ability to increase developers' productivity and applications performance. This video is an end-to-end course on how to dismantle your monolith applications and embrace the microservice architecture.
We delve into various solutions such as Docker Swarm and Kubernetes to scale our microservices. Testing and deploying these services while scaling is a real challenge; we'll overcome this challenge by setting up deployment pipelines that break up the application build processes into several stages.
The course will help you implement advanced microservice techniques and design patterns on an existing application built with microservices. You’ll delve into techniques that you can use today to build your own powerful microservices architecture.
The code files are placed at this link https://github.com/PacktPublishing/-Building-Microservices-with-Node.js
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 : Design Your Microservices Architecture
- Chapter 2 : Setting Up a Microservices Environment
Chapter 3 : Building the Remaining Microservices
- Handling Callbacks with Event Emitters and Promises 00:05:19
- Setting Up the Remaining Microservices 00:12:56
- Creating an API Gateway 00:07:41
- Chapter 4 : Deploying Microservices
- Chapter 5 : Scaling Microservices with NGINX
- Chapter 6 : Monitoring and Alerting
- Title: Building Microservices with Node.js
- Release date: July 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788620451