Develop a real-world app using modern persistence frameworks, advanced data structures, testing, and high-quality front-end development.
About This Video
- Dive deep into Android development with practical hands-on examples to help you at each stage
- Develop smart professional grade apps for the latest Android N version and become a pro Android developer
- Unclog your development highway by utilizing the industry-standard best practices techniques
Get away from courses that take ages to finish and lose your interest in the middle. In this course, you will get a step-by-step guide to creating professional grade Android N apps, with a real-world case study.
In the first section, we’ll create a strong architectural background for your app. You’ll be able to edit and customize the foundations of the app so it’s transferable between different projects. Then, you’ll learn the most productive ways to save and read data on Android with the Room framework, ObjectBox, and the Firebase database.
The third section is about utilizing efficient data structures to maintain speed, even when the amount of data is huge. Finally, we’ll explore different ways to test Android applications such as: unit tests, integration tests, and end-to-end tests.
The last section is about designing the front end of your app, including professional-level features, such as custom view development and explanatory user on boarding.
Also, you’ll learn to upload your Android app to the Google Play store and discover advanced topics such as Payments, Android N Tiles, and voice interaction. By the end of the course, you’ll have the essential skills needed to build a real-world application.
The code bundle for this video course is available at: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Building-Professional-Android-Applications
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Getting the Foundation Right
- The Course Overview 00:01:41
- Introduction to Version Control 00:04:10
- Structuring Packages by Features 00:05:28
- Purpose of the Activity 00:05:01
- Understanding MVVM Architecture 00:08:15
- Introduction to ButterKnife 00:03:13
- Data Binding API 00:04:07
- Reactive APIs 00:08:31
- Dependency Injection 00:08:19
- Introduction to Job Scheduler Framework 00:05:19
- Chapter 2 : Persisting Data
- Chapter 3 : Advanced Testing and Performance
- Chapter 4 : The Professional Touch
- Title: Building Professional Android Applications
- Release date: March 2018
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781786464644