Chapter 5. ProgramCall (RPG, Cobol) Web service 41
3. If you did not use WebSphere Development Studio client for iSeries before, you see a
Welcome page. Click X to close the Welcome page, as shown in Figure 5-3.
Figure 5-3 Close the Welcome Page
5.2.2 Opening Remote System Explorer perspective
Open the perspective for System i development:
1. Click Open perspective icon on the right-hand side or select Window → Open
Perspective and select Other (see Figure 5-4).
Figure 5-4 Open Remote System Explorer Perspective
2. In the Select Perspective window, select Remote System Explorer and click OK.
5.2.3 Defining a connection to the i5/OS server
Create a connection to your i5/OS server:
1. Click the plus sign (+) next to
iSeries under New connection in Remote Systems view.
2. If you have not used WebSphere Development Studio client for iSeries before, you see
name personal profile screen. Enter redbook as the Profile and click Next.
Note: There are two known issues with running WebSphere Development Studio client for
iSeries. If you encounter any problem, see Appendix A, “Setting the connection to
WebSphere Application Server V6.0” on page 249 and Appendix B, “URI length limit of
259 characters on Windows” on page 255 for possible solutions.
Chapter 5. ProgramCall (RPG, Cobol) Web service 43
5. Right-click iSeries Objects under itso and select Connect to connect to the i5/OS server,
as shown in Figure 5-6.
Figure 5-6 Connect to System i
6. In the Enter Password window, enter the following information and click OK (see
a. User ID as your user profile on the system.
b. Password as password for the user profile entered in the previous step.
c. Select Save user ID.
d. Select Save password.
Figure 5-7 Connection settings