The SharePoint user experience is critical in application architecture and user acceptance. Using tools available to all developers, Building the SharePoint User Experience will show you how to rebuild a SharePoint site, taking it all the way from the default out–of–the–box experience to your very own customized user experience.
Along the way you will receive a solid understanding of the SharePoint architecture that will enable you to take full advantage of the capabilities of SharePoint as a platform. This will allow you to tailor the SharePoint user experience to increase the value of solutions and to work more effectively with projects. And that, of course, leads to successful SharePoint solutions in your business that your users are happy to accept and use.
What you'll learn
Learn the tools needed to create effective and highly tailored user interfaces and experiences.
Dissect an out–of–the–box site to learn how every user experience element is built.
Master the core functions of sites, lists, content types, and fields.
Build a site from scratch using tools available to everyone.
Speed up development time by using little known tips and tricks.
See how new skills can be applied to everyday tasks with simple exercises.
Who this book is for
This book is for SharePoint developers who want to learn how to work with designers and other developers to create custom and tailored user experiences, including custom forms, content types, lists, fields, pages, and navigation that will better match your project’s requirements. This is not a book for graphic designers—you’ll find no Photoshop tips here!
Table of contents
- Title Page
- Contents at a Glance
- About the Author
- About the Technical Reviewer
PART 1: Setup and Basics
- CHAPTER 1: Checking Your Gear for Departure
- CHAPTER 2: Taking a Crash Course in XML
- CHAPTER 3: Exploring Feature Basics and Not-So Basics
PART 2: Dissecting the Default User Experience
- CHAPTER 4: Excavating the Site
- CHAPTER 5: Evolving the Default User Experience
- CHAPTER 6: What Lurks in the Forest of Lists?
- CHAPTER 7: Encountering the Monsters in the Cave
- CHAPTER 8: The Liquid Nitrogen of SharePoint
- CHAPTER 9: Strolling Through Fields of Gold
- CHAPTER 10: Intermission: The Mentality of a SharePoint Developer
PART 3: Building an Empire
- CHAPTER 11: Starting Field
- CHAPTER 12: Creating Your First Content Factory
- CHAPTER 13: Accounting Gone Haywire
- CHAPTER 14: Pages and Pages of Fun!
- Chapter 15: Our Empire United
- APPENDIX A: Fast Track to Feature Generation
- APPENDIX B: Questions from the Audience
- Title: Building the SharePoint User Experience
- Release date: April 2009
- Publisher(s): Apress
- ISBN: 9781430218968
You might also like
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
Beginning SharePoint 2013 Development
A complete revision to a popular SharePoint developer's resource Fully updated for SharePoint 2013, this book …
Professional SharePoint 2013 Development
Thorough coverage of development in SharePoint 2013 A team of well-known Microsoft MVPs joins forces in …