Learn automation by building a Twitter bot with Python, Tweepy, and the Twitter API
About This Video
- Understanding the Twitter API and its use with Tweepy
- Extracting timeline data and working with it
- Building the logic to work on data and implementing functions on extracted data
Welcome to Building a Twitter Bot with Python and Tweepy – a Python Project.
This course will help you build a Twitter bot project step-by-step with Tweepy and Twitter's free developer API. After developing it, you will deploy the bot online, so it works 24/7. Your Twitter bot will implement Auto Reply, Auto Retweet, Auto Favorite/Like, Auto Search, and more!
Throughout the course you will:
- Learn more about Python and Tweepy
- Understand the Twitter API and its use with Tweepy.
- Extract timeline data and work with it
- Build the logic to work on data and implement functions on extracted data
- Update your first status through the Terminal.
- Complete an Auto Reply bot and use it for hashtags.
- Deploy your bot online so it works 24/7
After completing this course, you will have expanded your knowledge of automation and Python.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1 : Course Introduction
- Course Introduction 00:01:01
- Chapter 2 : Set Up - Twitter Developer Account
- Chapter 3 : Starting Bot Development with Tweepy
Chapter 4 : Building Twitter Autoreply
- Introduction to Autoreply 00:01:13
- Working with Timeline and Mentions 00:05:46
- Iterate Tweets and Add Condition 00:03:25
- Storing Replied Tweet ID's 00:05:33
- Storing-Accessing Last Seen ID 00:03:55
- Replying Tweet 00:05:06
- Formatting Function and Testing Bot 00:03:21
- Auto Retweet and Auto Like 00:04:42
- Chapter 5 : Deploying Bot Online
- Chapter 6 : Building Twitter Auto Retweet/Like Bot
- Title: Building Twitter Bot With Python and Tweepy - Python Project
- Release date: August 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839215834