Use Python and Flask to build amazing web applications, just the way you want them!
- Learn how to use forms, authentication, and authorization control through extensions, and provide a robust, safe web experience for the client
- Free yourself from the SQL vs NoSQL paradigm and use the technology that best fits your needs
- Add powerful concepts like TDD and BDD to your range of testing skills
Flask is a powerful web framework that helps you build great projects using your favorite tools. Flask takes the flexible Python programming language and provides a simple template for web development. Once imported into Python, Flask can be used to save time building web applications. It goes against the flow with the microframework concept, leaving most of the architecture choices to the developer. Through its great API, extensions, and powerful patterns, Flask helps you create simple projects in minutes and complex ones as soon as possible.
From the beginning, Building Web Applications with Flask shows you how to utilize Flask's concepts, extensions, and components to create engaging, full-featured web projects. You'll learn how to properly handle forms using WTForms, devise convenient templates with Jinja2 tags and macros, use NoSQL and SQL databases to store user data, test your projects with features and unit tests, create powerful authentication and user authorization, as well as administrative interfaces with ease, and more.
As Flask does not enforce an architectural recipe, neither do we! This book makes no coding assumptions on how you should code, leaving you free to experiment.
What You Will Learn
- Create single page applications with Flask
- Use macros, filters, tags, and control structures to render rich responses to user requests
- Receive forms securely through form-based classes and WTForms
- Utilize NoSQL or SQL databases to store user data seamlessly
- Generate simple, yet powerful, REST services from your data models
- Learn how to perform test-driven and behavior-driven developments in your Flask projects
- Use Flask components to create maintainable non-flat projects
- Harvest the power of extensions to build robust authorization and permission policies
Table of contents
Building Web Applications with Flask
- Table of Contents
- Building Web Applications with Flask
- About the Author
- About the Reviewers
- 1. Flask in a Flask, I Mean, Book
- 2. First App, How Hard Could it Be?
- 3. Man, Do I Like Templates!
- 4. Please Fill in This Form, Madam
- 5. Where Do You Store Your Stuff?
- 6. But I Wanna REST Mom, Now!
- 7. If Ain't Tested, It Ain't Game, Bro!
- 8. Tips and Tricks or Flask Wizardry 101
- 9. Extensions, How I Love Thee
- 10. What Now?
- Title: Building Web Applications with Flask
- Release date: June 2015
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781784396152
You might also like
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Flask Framework Cookbook - Second Edition
Build state-of-the-art web applications quickly and efficiently using Flask and related technologies with Python 3 Key …
Flask Framework Cookbook
Over 80 hands-on recipes to help you create small-to-large web applications using Flask In Detail Flask …
Expert Python Programming - Third Edition
Refine your Python programming skills and build professional-grade applications with this comprehensive guide Key Features Create …