In this Building Web Apps Using Flask and Neo4j training course, expert author Nicole White will teach you how to incorporate graph databases into your web applications. This course is designed for the absolute beginner, meaning no previous experience with Flask or Neo4j is required.
You will start by learning how to install Neo4j and set up your project. From there, Nicole will teach you the basics of Neo4j, Flask, and Py2neo. She will then walk you through building a microblogging application from scratch, where you will learn how to register and login users, add posts, and display posts. This video tutorial also covers social recommendations, including recommending similar users and commonalities between two users. Finally, you will learn about scaling considerations and how to deploy your project to Heroku.
Once you have completed this computer based training course, you will have learned how to incorporate Neo4j into your own web applications. Working files are included, allowing you to follow along with the author throughout the lessons.
Table of Contents
- Project Setup
- Constraints And Indexes 00:03:53
- Registering A User - Part 1 00:05:26
- Registering A User - Part 2 00:06:35
- Logging In As A User 00:05:24
- Adding A Post - Part 1 00:08:58
- Adding A Post - Part 2 00:03:54
- Displaying Posts - Part 1 00:05:25
- Displaying Posts - Part 2 00:05:37
- Liking A Post - Part 1 00:03:37
- Liking A Post - Part 2 00:04:23
- Logging Out A User 00:03:20
- Social Recommendations
- Scaling Considerations
- Wrap-Up 00:01:28
- Title: Building Web Apps Using Flask and Neo4j
- Release date: September 2015
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771374859