Get hands-on with networking web services in Java Programming
About This Video
- Gain expertise in the networking features of your own applications to support various network architectures such as client/server and peer-to-peer
- Explore the HTTP/2 protocol in depth, including REST, HTTP headers, HTTPs, push and cookies
- Develop more complex network applications: SOAP and REST Web Services
Web services drive networking on the web and have been at the center of modern application architecture. Regardless of language or platform, understanding how web services work is a serious skill. This course explores web services: the concepts, commands, and tools that allow you to communicate and share data between applications.
You will learn how to use HTTP services in synchronous and asynchronous modes by configuring an HTTP client. You will also explore protocols such as SOAP, and REST and shares simple programming tips for writing web services that are as efficient as possible. Plus, you'll learn how to secure your communications across the web with security standards and create key-store and server applications that use symmetric and asymmetric encryption for client and server.
By the end of this video tutorial you will be equipped to handle WebSocket functionality supported by servlets in Java and will have mastered advanced concepts well enough to build web services, ensuring the audience is able to understand and secure network applications through encryption and by interfacing with other languages.
The Github repository to this video course is: https://github.com/PacktPublishing/Building-Web-Services-with-Java-Network-Programming
Downloading the example code for this course: You can download the example code files for all Packt video courses you have purchased from your account at http://www.PacktPub.com. If you purchased this course elsewhere, you can visit http://www.PacktPub.com/support and register to have the files e-mailed directly to you.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Servlet Fundamentals
- Chapter 2 : Advanced Servlet Programming
- Chapter 3 : HTTP/2.0 Programming in Java
- Chapter 4 : Advanced Java Web Programming
- Chapter 5 : Network Security
- Chapter 6 : Network Interoperability
- Title: Building Web Services with Java Network Programming
- Release date: January 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781788629614
You might also like
Core Java 11 Advanced, Second Edition
7 Hours of Video Instruction , have long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense tutorial and …
Core Java 11 Fundamentals, Second Edition
10 Hours of Video Instruction Overview Core Java® has long been recognized as the leading, no-nonsense …
Reactive Spring Boot, 2nd Edition
6 Hours of Video Instruction Spring is the most used framework for building services and applications …
Building Microservices with Spring Boot, Second Edition
7+ Hours of Video Instruction The term “microservices” has gained significant traction over the last few …