Appendix F. Migration from Joomla! 1.0.x to Joomla! 1.5
A lot of you are probably already operating a Joomla! 1.0.x or a Mambo 4.5.x website and now want to migrate it to Joomla! 1.5.
You have a number of basic problems:
- You need to back up the entire website.
- The general source-code files need to be updated.
- Additional components, modules, and mambots/plug-ins have to be updated.
- Any changes that you have made to the programs need to be updated.
- Your contents have to survive this update procedure without damage.
- Contents with special characters have to be converted to UTF-8.
You can see from this list that an update can become quite complicated. The more you have worked with standard components, the easier it is; and the more individualized your website ...