Get practical experience and learn basic skills while developing an application with Go
About This Video
Learn the features and various aspects of Go programming
Create a production-ready web application by the end of the course
Master time-proven design patterns for creating highly reusable application components
The Go language is a new programming language for creating concurrent applications, high-load and high-responsive software services, and complex systems. The language supports totally re-thought concepts and paradigms of software development, unlike other programming languages.
"Building Your First Application with Go" is your way into the world of software development. Go has a robust library and advanced techniques. This makes it a great language that can even be understood by people with no experience in programming.
Take a journey through the concepts presented by the Go language! Go is a language with no legacy, well suited for software developers, be it for beginners or experienced users.
The Go language presents fresh patterns of software development. You will learn about the core distinctive features of Go goroutines and channels, which are used to design concurrent applications. You will gain familiarity with approaches of structuring application code, by breaking it into reusable components like functions, packages, and objects. Object-oriented programming; one of the central paradigms of modern software development, is also covered in this course. It offers the most popular and well-tested patterns for building brilliantly structured applications; the course finishes with creating a production-ready image manipulation program, which is built as a web application.
The course will help you to start building applications with Go right off the bat. Packed with examples, especially with a finished production-ready application from the final section, the course gives you the right vision of what software source code should look like.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1: First Application
- Chapter 2: Basic and Complex Data Types
Chapter 3: Control Structures
- "if-else" – Understand Your Code to Make Decisions 00:05:08
- "switch" – Decisions Are Made Even Simpler 00:04:26
- "for" – Mastering Cycles 00:06:20
- Processing Errors 00:03:21
- The "comma-ok" Notation 00:02:47
- Chapter 4: Structuring Code with Functions and Packages
- Chapter 5: Object-oriented Programming in Go
- Chapter 6: Goroutines and Channels
- Chapter 7: Building a Web Image Manipulation Program (WIMP), Part I – Web Application
- Chapter 8: Building a Web Image Manipulation Program (WIMP), Part II – Image Processing
- Title: Building Your First Application with Go
- Release date: February 2014
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781783283811