Expert guidance for building an information communication and technology infrastructure that provides best in business intelligence
Enterprise performance management (EPM) technology has been rapidly advancing, especially in the areas of predictive analysis and cloud-based solutions. Business intelligence caught on as a concept in the business world as the business strategy application of data warehousing in the early 2000s. With the recent surge in interest in data analytics and big data, it has seen a renewed level of interest as the ability of a business to find the valuable data in a timely—and competitive—fashion. Business Intelligence Applied reveals essential information for building an optimal and effective information and communication technology (ICT) infrastructure.
Defines ICT infrastructure
Examines best practices for documenting business change and for documenting technology recommendations
Includes examples and cases from Europe and Asia
Written for business intelligence staff, CIOs, CTOs, and technology managers
With examples and cases from Europe and Asia, Business Intelligence Applied expertly covers business intelligence, a hot topic in business today as a key element to business and data analytics.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
Part One: Introducing ICT Strategy
- Chapter 1: Defining Information and Communication Technology Infrastructure
- Chapter 2: Introductory Business and Technology Strategy Concepts
- Chapter 3: Why Build an ICT Infrastructure to Support Business Processes?
Part Two: Understanding How ICT Produces Value
- Chapter 4: Understanding Your Organization and Its Competitive Environment
- Chapter 5: Process Improvement or Innovation?
- Chapter 6: Measuring the Business Value of ICT
Part Three: Best Practices
- Chapter 7: Best Practices for Documenting Process Change
- Chapter 8: Best Practices for Documenting Technology Recommendations
- Chapter 9: The Business-Driven Infrastructure Design Cycle
- Appendix: Ticket Sales Inc.: A Fictitious Business Case*
- About the Author
- Title: Business Intelligence Applied: Implementing an Effective Information and Communications Technology Infrastructure
- Release date: October 2012
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9781118423080