1. OLTP provides solutions for operational activities of a company, such as effective and safe data storage, transaction data reconstruction, updating of data, optimization of the access to the data, and concurrency control (Garcia-Molina, Ullman, & Widom, 1999).
2. Inmon (2005).
3. Garcia-Molina, Ullman, and Widom (2008).
5. Codd, Codd, and Salley (1993), p. 7.
6. This fact table is used here for purely illustrative purposes, as “Costs” represents a very high level of aggregation, which in practice does not exist at the level of a fact table.
7. This table with the dimension “Date” is used here for purely illustrative purposes, as the lowest level of representation of time at the level of a month does ...