The Indian Contract Act, 1872: Capacity of Parties and Consideration
After reading this chapter, you will be able to understand:
- Capacity of parties to enter into contract
- Effects of minorâs agreement
- Person disqualified to enter into contract
- Consideration and its rules
- Valid contracts without consideration
3.1 CAPACITY OF PARTIES
As per Section 10, all agreements are contracts, if they are made by the parties competent to contract. The competency of parties is one of the essential elements of the valid contract. The capacity of parties to the contract means the legal ability of the parties to enter into a contract.
3.1.1 Who Are Competent to a Contract?
Section 11 specifies the persons who ...
Get Business Law, 3rd Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.