The Indian Contract Act, 1872: Performance of Contract
After reading this chapter, you will be able to understand:
- Performance of a contract and its type
- What is a valid tender and its effect on a contract?
- Contracts which need not to perform
- Who can perform the promise under contract?
- Rules regarding performance of a joint promise
- Rules regarding appropriation of a payment
Performance of a contract is one of the methods of discharge of a contract. The performance may be of two types: (a) actual performance and (b) attempted performance.
An actual performance of a contract means performing all the promises and fulfilling all the liabilities by all the parties. The actual performance discharges the contract and also ...