The Indian Contract Act, 1872: Performance of Contract
After reading this chapter, you will be able to understand:
- Performance of a contract and its type
- What is a valid tender and its effect on a contract?
- Contracts which need not to perform
- Who can perform the promise under contract?
- Rules regarding performance of a joint promise
- Rules regarding appropriation of a payment
Performance of a contract is one of the methods of discharge of a contract. The performance may be of two types: (a) actual performance and (b) attempted performance.
An actual performance of a contract means performing all the promises and fulfilling all the liabilities by all the parties. The actual performance discharges the contract and also ...
Get Business Law, 3rd Edition now with the O’Reilly learning platform.
O’Reilly members experience books, live events, courses curated by job role, and more from O’Reilly and nearly 200 top publishers.