When you start a business, legal issues can seem complex, even scary. This simple guide helps you ask smart questions and get the right advice. Find out what practices will help you keep your legal matters clear and simple! You will learn key concepts and terms, how to choose an attorney, contract essentials, and what you need to protect (such as processes or intellectual property). Plus the basics of partnership and corporate structures, license and regulation essentials, employment issues, legal aspects of buying and selling, common pitfalls, international business issues and more.
Table of contents
- Cover Page
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Chapter I: What Is Business Law?
Chapter II: Start-Up Activities
- Choosing the Right Business Entity
- The Difference Between Copyrights and Trademarks
- How to Patent a New Product
- Renting and Leasing Property for Your Business
- Everybody Wants a Piece of You: Licenses, Regulations and Taxes
- Insurance—A Risk-Management Tool
- “The Name’s Bond—Surety Bond”
- How to Reorganize or Restructure Your Business
- Starting at Step... Two?
Chapter III: Operating Activities
- Running the Show: An Overview
- Internal Documents You Really Need
- External Documents You Really Need
- YAY! Regulations!
- Using Contracts on the Regular
- The Who-What-When-Why-How of Contracts
- The Pen is Mightier than the Sword
- When the Wheels Come Off …
- Here’s a Loan, There’s a Loan, Everywhere’s a Business Loan!
- Chapter IV: Growth and Exit Activities
- Chapter V: Common Mistakes
- Chapter VI: International Law
- Afterword: Where to Go from Here?
- About the Authors
- Title: Business Law Basics
- Release date: April 2014
- Publisher(s): Career Press
- ISBN: 9789077256398
You might also like
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …
No matter where you are on the organizational ladder, the odds are high that you've delivered …
Fluent Python, 2nd Edition
Python’s simplicity lets you become productive quickly, but often this means you aren’t using everything it …
Hands-On Machine Learning with Scikit-Learn, Keras, and TensorFlow, 2nd Edition
Through a series of recent breakthroughs, deep learning has boosted the entire field of machine learning. …