Rights of the Unpaid Seller
After carefully reading this chapter, you will be able:
- Understand the meaning of an unpaid seller.
- Clearly explain the rights of an unpaid seller.
- Distinguish between an unpaid seller's rights against the goods and against the buyer.
MEANING OF UNPAID SELLER
“An unpaid seller is a seller who has not been paid or tendered the whole of the price or who has received a bill of exchange or other negotiable instrument as conditional payment that has been subsequently dishonoured. ” See. 45(1)
RIGHTS OF AN UNPAID SELLER
The rights of an unpaid seller may be grouped under two heads:
- His rights against the goods
- His rights against the buyer
These rights can be exercised by him even in cases where ...