Video DescriptionRecorded live at Data Modeling Zone!
Dr. Dan McGrath has over 35 years’ experience as a data scientist. In this session, he will cover Ishikawa’s 7 Tools as applied to data analytics.
In contrast to machine learning and artificial intelligence trends, many people need to still process little data, which can be up to 1,000,000 rows when using Excel. This workshop will demonstrate the seven classic quality tools Dr. Ishikawa championed for Japanese manufacturing in the middle of the 20th century. Data mining is reductionist in that holdings are “sliced and diced” until a subset is obtained that matches the selection criteria. In keeping with Dr. Ishikawa’s continuous improvement philosophy, the list has been updated to take advantage of the computational capabilities of Excel and JMP. The seven tools that will be reviewed are:
- Flow Charts
- Check Sheets and Pareto Charts
- Run Charts and Univariate Analysis
- Control Charts
- Scatter Diagrams
Table of Contents
- Title: But I Only Have Small Data: Application of Ishikawa’s 7 Tools (Recorded live at Data Modeling Zone US)
- Release date: January 2020
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: None