Chapter 2. Processes and Threads
In order to be able to develop applications using parallel programming in C#, we must understand their main low-level components, the processes, and the threads. We must also study how they work and interact. In this chapter, we will walk through them and follow the exercises given:
- Learning the parallel programming fundamentals
- Understanding the different ways in which we can divide applications into smaller pieces to improve parallel processing
- Learning how the operating system works and interacts with those pieces
- Understanding the problems related to old-fashioned linear algorithms
- Optimizing the software architecture according to the kind of computer in which it is prepared to run servers, high-load workstations, ...