Time for action - Listing threads with Process Explorer
Each process can have many threads. The Windows Task Manager does not show a list of threads owned by each process. For that reason, it is not useful to understand the threads' status.
Instead of the incomplete Windows Task Manager, we are going to use the Process Explorer, a utility we installed in our last example, to obtain information about the running threads:
- Run the Process Explorer.
- Navigate into your computer processes tree.
- Repeat the following steps (4 to 6) with many different processes from the list.
- Right-click and select Properties. A dialog box will appear showing a lot of information about the running process and its resources.
- Select the Threads tab. Process Explorer will show ...