We've learned a lot in this chapter about parallelizing the execution of code, taking advantage of the .NET Parallel Extensions. We were able to combine different execution techniques with automatically parallelized structures that will be available in Visual Studio 2010. Specifically, we covered:
- Downloading and installing .NET Parallel Extensions CTP
- Combining asynchronous executions with synchronous parallelized loops and other automatically parallelized structures
- Using delegates to make cross-thread calls, and safely update the user interface from independent tasks scheduled and coordinated by the .NET Parallel Extensions
- Achieving scalability combining calls to third-party libraries in our parallel algorithms
- Reducing the code needed ...