In this chapter you’ll learn:
• The basics of the Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) that assists you in writing, running and debugging your Visual C# programs.
• Visual Studio’s help features.
• Key commands contained in the IDE’s menus and toolbars.
• The purpose of the various kinds of windows in the Visual Studio 2010 IDE.
• What visual programming is and how it simplifies and speeds program development.
• To create, compile and execute a simple Visual C# program that displays text and an image using the Visual Studio IDE and the technique of visual programming.
Seeing is believing.
Form ever follows function.
—Louis Henri Sullivan
Intelligence ...is the faculty ...