In this chapter, we explored the world of asynchronous programming in C# 5 and learned the following:
- Asynchrony in software, and by extension, concurrency, is the key through which optimal performance can be unlocked.
- Task Parallel Library is the fundamental building block for all of the new asynchronous programming features. Achieving a deep understanding of the TPL will prove quite useful.
- C# 5.0 language has support for easy async, quite easily one of the most significant upgrades to the language. It builds on the TPL to make it simple to build responsive and performant applications.
- TPL DataFlow provides higher level abstractions for agent-based asynchronous programming that can help you create easy-to-maintain programs.
- Framework improvements ...