Sharpen your C++ skills by mastering ten essential C++ topics:
- Recursion. This first clip in the C++ video series covers the essential technique of recursion. Learn how to solve a complex problem by dividing into smaller simpler problems using recursive logic. Factorial and summing examples are used to illustrate recursion.
- Classes. This second clip in the C++ video series covers classes, which represent objects in the real world. Learn how to create and use classes, methods, and constructors, along with public and private variables.
- Memory. This third clip in the C++ video series covers memory. We explain Random Access Memory (RAM), bytes, heaps, and stacks. Learn how memory is allocated and released in the C++ compiler.
- Pointers. This fourth clip in the C++ video series covers pointers and addresses.
- Inheritance. This fifth clip in the C++ video series explains inheritance and illustrates how to code inheritance into classes in C++ through a detailed example. The child class inherits the characteristics (methods and variables) of the parent class.
- Exception Handling. This sixth clip in the C++ video series explains how exceptions are handled in C++, including how to leverage error codes in if-else statements.
- Files and File Streams. This seventh clip in the C++ video series covers files and file streams. Learn how to make data durable through commands such as fstream, ofstream, and ifstream.
- Namespaces. This eigth clip in the C++ video series explores namespaces. Namespaces make sure that class names are unique within an environment. Master the namespace command.
- Operator Overloading. This ninth clip in the C++ video series explores how to apply operators, such as addition and multiplication, to our own custom objects.
- Templates. This tenth clip in the C++ video series covers function templates, which allow us to write more generic functions that we can use again and again.
- Title: C++ Beyond the Basics
- Release date: March 2019
- Publisher(s): Technics Publications
- ISBN: 9781634625067