22. Web Services
A client is to me a mere unit, a factor in a problem.
—Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
...if the simplest things of nature have a message that you understand, rejoice, for your soul is alive.
Protocol is everything.
They also serve who only stand and wait.
In this chapter you will learn:
• What a Web service is.
• How to create Web services.
• The important part that XML and the XML-based Simple Object Access Protocol play in enabling Web services.
• The elements that comprise Web services, such as service descriptions and discovery files.
• How to create a client that uses a Web service.
• How to use Web services with Windows applications and Web applications.
• How ...