We learned a lot in this chapter about working with threads and the
Thread class. We learned how to create threads, coordinate them synchronously and asynchronously, and pass parameters to them.
In this chapter, we learned about the following:
- Developing applications that are able to provide greater control over multiple running threads, created using the
- Programming the code to be executed by the
Thread class instance when started
- Creating independent and flexible threads using the powerful
- Starting, controlling, and coordinating multiple threads with great flexibility
- Sending parameters and retrieving data from independently running threads
- Sharing data between many threads
- Combining asynchronous and synchronous execution ...