If you are new to C++ programming, C++ Primer Plus, Fifth Edition is a friendly and easy-to-use self-study guide. You will cover the latest and most useful language enhancements, the Standard Template Library and ways to streamline object-oriented programming with C++. This guide also illustrates how to handle input and output, make programs perform repetitive tasks, manipulate data, hide information, use functions and build flexible, easily modifiable programs. With the help of this book, you will:
Learn C++ programming from the ground up.
Learn through real-world, hands-on examples.
Experiment with concepts, including classes, inheritance, templates and exceptions.
Reinforce knowledge gained through end-of-chapter review questions and practice programming exercises.
C++ Primer Plus, Fifth Edition makes learning and using important object-oriented programming concepts understandable. Choose this classic to learn the fundamentals and more of C++ programming.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- Contents at a Glance
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- We Want to Hear from You!
- Chapter 1. Getting Started
- Chapter 2. Setting Out to C++
- Chapter 3. Dealing with Data
- Chapter 4. Compound Types
- Chapter 5. Loops and Relational Expressions
- Chapter 6. Branching Statements and Logical Operators
- Chapter 7. Functions: C++’s Programming Modules
- Chapter 8. Adventures in Functions
- Chapter 9. Memory Models and Namespaces
- Chapter 10. Objects and Classes
- Chapter 11. Working with Classes
- Chapter 12. Classes and Dynamic Memory Allocation
- Chapter 13. Class Inheritance
- Chapter 14. Reusing Code in C++
- Chapter 15. Friends, Exceptions, and More
- Chapter 16. The string Class and the Standard Template Library
- Chapter 17. Input, Output, and Files
- Appendix A. Number Bases
- Appendix B. C++ Reserved Words
- Appendix C. The ASCII Character Set
- Appendix D. Operator Precedence
- Appendix E. Other Operators
- Appendix F. The string Template Class
- Appendix G. The STL Methods and Functions
- Appendix H. Selected Readings and Internet Resources
- Appendix I. Converting to ANSI/ISO Standard C++
- Appendix J. Answers to the Review Questions
- Title: C++ Primer Plus, Fifth Edition
- Release date: November 2004
- Publisher(s): Sams
- ISBN: 9780131388215