6. Functions and an Introduction to Recursion
In this chapter you’ll:
• Construct programs modularly from functions.
• Use common math library functions.
• Pass data to functions and return results.
• Learn how the function call and return mechanism is supported by the function call stack and activation records.
• Use random number generation to implement game-playing applications.
• Learn how the visibility of identifiers is limited to specific regions of programs.
• Write and use recursive functions.