9. Classes: A Deeper Look; Throwing Exceptions
In this chapter you’ll:
• Use an include guard.
• Access class members via an object’s name, a reference or a pointer.
• Use destructors to perform “termination housekeeping.”
• Learn the order of constructor and destructor calls.
• Learn about the dangers of returning a reference to
• Assign the data members of one object to those of another object.
• Create objects composed of other objects.
friend functions and
• Use the
this pointer in a member function to access a non-
static class member.