11. Object-Oriented Programming: Inheritance
In this chapter you’ll:
• Learn qhat inheritance is and how it promotes software reuse.
• Understand the notions of base classes and derived classes and the relationships between them.
• Use the
protected member access specifier.
• Understand the use of constructors and destructors in inheritance hierarchies.
• Learn the order in which constructors and destructors are called in inheritance hierarchies.
• Understand the differences between
• Use inheritance to customize existing software.