Planning your course – from syllabus to screen
As you sit down to think about how to build and organize your Canvas course, there are a number of things to consider that will impact the way you will use Canvas to manage your course content. The following questions and prompts will help you determine the approaches you could consider while building your course:
- What kind of course am I teaching?
- A traditional live course
- A fully online course
- A live course with online expectations (for example, assignment submission, discussion board postings, video assignments, and peer reviews)
- What do I need to do to get the course content into a format that is suitable for Canvas?
- The course is brand new. I have not taught a live or online version of the course before, ...