In this chapter, you will
• Understand how the five project management process groups interact
• Understand the activities of project initiation
• Know how to plan a project
• Learn how a project team executes the project plan
• Explore how a project manager monitors and controls a project
• Study how to close a project
Projects are chockablock with processes. A process is a set of actions and activities to achieve a product, result, or service. It’s the work of project management to move the work of the project toward the deliverable the project aims to create. As you’ll discover in this chapter, there are 47 project management processes that a project manager and the project team use to move a project ...