Managing the Project Scope
In this chapter, you will
• Plan project scope management
• Collect project requirements
• Create the project scope statement
• Create the work breakdown structure
• Validate the project scope
• Control the project scope
You’re the project manager of a large, complex project. Everyone agrees that the project must be completed within one year, the budget is tight, and there’s little room for error. One of your project team members, Tony, has taken it upon himself to incorporate “extras” into the project deliverable to make it snappier, better, and easier for the product customer to use. While his project additions are clever, they aren’t in the project scope.
Tony argues that his creative additions don’t ...