In this chapter, you will
• Plan for project cost management
• Estimate the project costs
• Administer the project budget
• Manage project cost control
• Work with earned value management
Money. Cash. Greenbacks. Dead presidents. It’s all the same thing when you get down to it: Projects require finances to get from start to completion, and it’s often the project manager’s job to estimate, control, and account for the finances a project demands. Projects consume the project budget during execution, when all of those project management plans we’ve discussed are put into action, and the project budget is monitored and controlled during, well, the monitoring and controlling processes.
What’s that you say? You don’t ...