In this chapter, you will
• Plan for project cost management
• Estimate the project costs
• Administer the project budget
• Manage project cost control
• Work with earned value management
Money. Cash. Greenbacks. Dead presidents. It’s all the same thing when you get down to it, and projects require it to get from start to completion. It’s often the project manager’s job to estimate, control, and account for the finances a project demands. Projects consume the project budget during execution, when all those project management plans we’ve discussed are put into action, and the project budget is monitored and controlled during, well, the monitoring and controlling processes. Project cost management is all ...