Captured: Behind the Lens of a Legendary Wildlife Photographer is more than just a photography book—it's a chronicle of more than 30 years' worth of unbelievable moments that only nature can reveal.
And Moose Peterson is more than just a wildlife photographer—he's a storyteller in both prose and pictures.
If you're looking for the ultimate guide to wildlife photography from a man who has devoted his entire career to capturing nature's finest and most rare moments, you'll find it here in Captured.
If you're looking to be transported into the wild to confront a grizzly bear and her cubs, stumble upon a pack of wolves, or capture an owl in flight, you'll find it here, as well. You'll also find a healthy dose of inspiration as the stories behind the photos are revealed as only Moose can tell them.
In the end, you'll come away with invaluable photographic techniques gained through a lifetime of experience and a new appreciation for the passion of wildlife photography. You'll gain knowledge that you can put to use on your next excursion into the wild, your local or state park, or even your own backyard.
Table of Contents
- Title Page
- Copyright Page
- About the Author
- Acknowledgments & Introduction
- Table of Contents
- Chapter 1. You Gotta Start Somewhere
- Chapter 2. No Illusions, I’m Not in Control
- Chapter 3. Hold onto Your Pants!
- Chapter 4. In All Honesty, This Is Really Just a Starting Point
- Chapter 5. And That’s How You Do It
- Chapter 6. It’s Just That Essential to Success
- Chapter 7. They Set the Stage
- Chapter 8. It’s Not Over by Any Stretch of the Imagination
- Appendix 1. My Camera Bag & Gear
- Appendix 2. My Cleaning Kit
- Appendix 3. My D3 Settings
- Appendix 4. My Original Teddy Bear Exercise (for exposure compensation comprehension)
- Title: Captured: Lessons
- Release date: October 2010
- Publisher(s): New Riders
- ISBN: 9780132118446