When we set out to do something, especially if it’s a major undertaking, we first need to answer some questions:
- Why? The answer to this first question is the reason for doing something.
- What? Always the second question, the answer to which defines what we will be doing about that particular “something” identified in the first question.
- How? Usually the third question, which spells out the method we will be using to do that something. This is the methodology question.
- When? How much? How long? Who? These are the questions about managing our initiative. These are project management questions.
- Where? Depending on the initiative, this question locates the “what,” or may locate the project (in which case it is a project management ...