Can you think of other enhancements to this project? Here are a few you could consider and try to implement:
- Add rings to Saturn. (A cheap way to implement might be a plane with transparency.)
goToPlanet so that your camera position animates between positions.
- Add controls to allow you to change the perspective or fly freely through space.
- Add a top-down view option, for a "traditional" picture of the Solar System. (Be aware of float precision issues at scale.)
- Add moons to each of the other planets. (This can be implemented just like we did for the Earth's moon, with its mother planet as its origin.)
- Represent the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.
- Add tilt and wobble to the other planets. Did you know that Uranus ...