Have you ever been led by someone who cared for you like family, and dared you to achieve more than you ever thought possible for yourself, your organization, and even society?
Award-winning author of Hostage at the Table, George Kohlrieser, along with his co-authors Susan Goldsworthy and Duncan Coombe, explain how becoming a secure base leader releases extraordinary potential in others.
Part of the Warren Bennis leadership series Care to Dare shows you how to become a Secure Base Leader so that you release your followers from the fears that get in the way of their performance. It shows you how you can unleash astonishing potential by building the trust, delivering the change, and inspiring the focus that underpins sustainable high performance.
From extensive interviews with executives from all over the world, as well as from surveys with more than a thousand executives, the book reveals the nine characteristics that Secure Base Leaders display on a daily basis. The research shows that a primary difference between a successful leader and a failed leader is the presence or absence of secure bases in his or her life.
Care to Dare will take you on a journey where you will discover your own secure bases, past and present, and determine how you can be a secure base for other people in your life at work and at home.
Table of contents
- A WARREN BENNIS BOOK
- BOOKS IN THE WARREN BENNIS SIGNATURE SERIES
- Title page
- Copyright page
- PART I
- Chapter Three: Build Trust through the Bonding Cycle
- Chapter Four: Deliver Change: Embracing Loss through Grief
- Chapter Five: Focus: Bringing Forward the Power of the Mind’s Eye
- Chapter Six: Achievement: Playing to Win
- Chapter Seven: Strengthen Your Own Secure Bases
- Chapter Eight: Become a Secure Base for Others
- Chapter Nine: Transform Your Organization into a Secure Base
- Chapter Ten: Humanize Your Leadership and Your Organization
- About the Research
- Title: Care to Dare: Unleashing Astonishing Potential Through Secure Base Leadership, 2nd Edition
- Release date: July 2012
- Publisher(s): Jossey-Bass
- ISBN: 9781118361283
You might also like
Leadership Agility: Five Levels of Mastery for Anticipating and Initiating Change
is the master competency needed for sustained success in today’s complex, fast-paced business environment. Richly illustrated …
The CEO of Technology
The CIO playbook, with lessons from the world's best leaders The CEO of Technology shows today's …
Leading with Conviction: Mastering the Nine Critical Pillars of Integrated Leadership
Practical advice and tools to help leaders at all levels elevate their skills What can truly …
Market Risk Analysis Volume III: Pricing, Hedging and Trading Financial Instruments
Written by leading market risk academic, Professor Carol Alexander, Pricing, Hedging and Trading Financial Instruments forms …