In this Carrara 8.5 training video, expert author Phil Wilkes walks you through some of the new features introduced in the 8.5 release of Carrara from Daz3D. These updates assume that you have a basic understanding of Carrara already.
You will start by exploring the new Genesis figure, and the opportunities that it presents. Phil takes you through the new light icons, and improvements made to the sequencer, keyframing, and animation tools.
By the completion of this video based training course, you will have a fundamental understanding of some of the new features in Carrara 8.5, and how you an apply them to your own projects.
Table of Contents
Carrara 8.5 - New Features
- The Genesis Figure And DUF Files 00:03:49
- Using Genesis Character Presets 00:04:55
- Using The Parameter Panel 00:05:35
- Subdivision Levels 00:05:15
- AutoFit And Fit To 00:03:38
- Genesis Skeleton Visibility 00:02:59
- Smart Content And The Content Management System - CMS 00:04:25
- Memorize, Restore And Zero Figures 00:02:16
- New Light Icons 00:04:58
- Multi-Layer Elements In Shaders 00:05:23
- Improvements To The Sequencer, Keyframing And Animation Tools 00:06:44
- About The Author 00:02:36
- Title: Carrara 8.5 - New Features
- Release date: November 2013
- Publisher(s): Infinite Skills
- ISBN: 9781771371711