‘Gabby and Hezi were always the most looked-up-to duo in ecommerce and they truly taught me how to trade!’
Nick Molnar, CEO, Afterpay
‘The Leibovich brothers are pioneers of Australian ecommerce. You cannot afford to not read this book.’
Christine Holgate, Group Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director, Australia Post
Real stories and advice from digital entrepreneurs who have learned what it takes to succeed
In Catch of the Decade, two of Australia’s most successful online superstars reveal how they’ve built, launched, merged, and sold some of the most disruptive businesses in Australia today: Catch, Scoopon, Menulog and Luxury Escapes. This book contains little-known secrets and strategies that will help you shorten your learning curve, avoid mistakes, and bring your business dream alive.
The wisdom revealed in this book is hard won: brothers Gabby and Hezi Leibovich started with no money and no connections, turned their drawbacks into assets, and came out on top. You’ll learn how they rode the waves of entrepreneurialism and worked their way up.
- Learn proven tips to define, disrupt and dominate a sector or industry, straight from entrepreneurs who achieved their billion-dollar dreams.
- Read hard hitting, no bull nuggets of wisdom in the areas of customer service, PR, Buying and trading, engaging investors and more.
- Market-tested strategies for building big brands, creating high-performing teams and fostering a world-class entrepreneurial culture.
For the first time, the Leibovich brothers are telling their story, in their own words, and you’ll learn how they got where they are today. Follow in their footsteps with over 200 bite-sized entries that are both inspirational and useful. Pick up Catch of the Decade and get moving!
Table of contents
Part I: Getting started
CHAPTER 1: How it all began
- If you haven't succeeded yet, don't give up
- Raised on hummus and chutzpah*
- The third door
- It all started at the dinner table
- Building the family business
- Working weekends at the market
- Something has to change
- ‘Free spinal check’: three words I never want to hear again
- The ‘can't fail’ idea
- A little website called eBay
- CHAPTER 2: Working together
- CHAPTER 3: Gaining momentum
- CHAPTER 4: Recession? Shmecession!
- CHAPTER 5: Idea by midnight, execute by midday
- CHAPTER 6: Catch us if you can
- CHAPTER 1: How it all began
Part II: Ramping up
- CHAPTER 7: Time to scale
- CHAPTER 8: Running fast
- CHAPTER 9: The robots are coming!
- CHAPTER 10: The Catch culture
- CHAPTER 11: Meanwhile, back at Menulog …
Part III: Full speed ahead
- CHAPTER 12: It takes two
- CHAPTER 13: A new era
- CHAPTER 14: Time for some major changes
CHAPTER 15: The marketplace beckons
- Amazon is coming
- The race is on
- More questions than answers
- How we built the marketplace
- The launch of BonVoyage.com.au
- What's in a name?
- The side benefits of building a big brand
- The gamble paid off
- Amazon is getting closer
- Don't chase a rabbit down a hole
- Learning from the masters
- It's complicated
- Amazon (finally) arrives
- CHAPTER 16: To list, or not to list: that is the question
- CHAPTER 17: Wesfarmers come calling
- CHAPTER 18: A final note: how to really succeed in business
- GOODBYE, FAREWELL AND GOOD LUCK
- END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
- Title: Catch of the Decade
- Release date: November 2020
- Publisher(s): Wiley
- ISBN: 9780730388494
You might also like
51+ hours of video instruction. Overview The professional programmer’s Deitel® video guide to Python development with …
Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
Even bad code can function. But if code isn't clean, it can bring a development organization …
40 Algorithms Every Programmer Should Know
Learn algorithms for solving classic computer science problems with this concise guide covering everything from fundamental …
Building Microservices, 2nd Edition
Distributed systems have become more fine-grained as organizations shift from code-heavy monolithic applications to smaller, self-contained …