This course will help you understand Hive, along with preparing you to achieve CCA159 (Cloudera Big Data Analyst) certification.
You will start by delving into Hadoop and its distributed file system. Next, you’ll become well-versed with the most common Hadoop commands you'll need to work with Hadoop file systems. Later, you’ll explore the Apache Hive, starting with an introduction to it, before moving on to understanding external and managed tables. The next few sections will take you through insert and multi-insert. As you progress, the course will provide insights into different functions such as collection, conditional, Hive string functions, Hive date functions, and mathematical functions. In addition to this, you’ll learn to work with different file formats and compressions.
By the end of this course, you’ll have comprehensive knowledge of Hive and Sqoop and gained the skills you need to pass the CCA Data Analyst Exam.
What You Will Learn
- Delve into Hive analysis
- Get to grips with the ALTER TABLE command
- Explore joins, multi-joins and Map joins
- Work with different files such as Parquet and Avro
- Understand partitioning and bucketing
- Focus on views
- Get up to speed with lateral views/explode
- Delve into window functions - Rank/Dense Rank/Lead/Lag/Min/Max
- Explore the window specification
This course is for anyone who wants to achieve CCA159 Cloudera Big Data Analyst certification or simply learn Hive and Sqoop.
About The Author
Navdeep Kaur: Navdeep Kaur - Technical Trainer
Navdeep Kaur is a big data professionals with 11 years of industry experience in different technologies and domains. She has a keen interest in providing training in new technologies. She has received CCA175 Hadoop and Spark developer certification and AWS solution architect certification. She loves guiding people and helping them achieves new goals.
Table of contents
- Chapter 1 : Hadoop Introduction
- Chapter 2 : Hive
- Chapter 3 : Hive Data Types
- Chapter 4 : Hive Functions
- Chapter 5 : Hive Join
- Chapter 6 : Working with Different File Formats Compressions
- Chapter 7 : Advance Hive
- Chapter 8 : Hive Windows Function
- Chapter 9 : Sqoop Import
- Chapter 10 : Sqoop Import
- Title: CCA 159: Expert in Big Data Analytics - Advance Hive and Sqoop
- Release date: July 2019
- Publisher(s): Packt Publishing
- ISBN: 9781839218934
You might also like
Sams Teach Yourself: Big Data Analytics with Microsoft HDInsight in 24 Hours, Big Data, Hadoop, and Microsoft Azure for Better Business Intelligence
This is the Rough Cut version of the printed book. With The world of data is …
Big Data Analytics with Hadoop 3
Explore big data concepts, platforms, analytics, and their applications using the power of Hadoop 3 About …
Learning Apache Hadoop
In this Introduction to Hadoop training course, expert author Rich Morrow will teach you the tools …
Hadoop 2.x Administration Cookbook
Over 100 practical recipes to help you become an expert Hadoop administrator About This Book Become …