Chapter 8. Security Solutions
Viruses, Trojans, Worms, and Spyware
- A virus is a malicious computer program written with the goal of harming the host it attaches to and executes on.
- Viruses, once they are resident in memory, often delete and modify important files on the infected computer.
- Successful viruses require the program to be executed by a human by opening a program or during computer restart.
- Viruses when run might infect other programs on your hard disk by copying themselves onto the programs.
- Viruses can delete files, erase programs, or destroy all data on a disk.
- Viruses usually attack the host's executable program files, its file-directory system that tracks the location of all your computer's files, its boot and system areas ...
With Safari, you learn the way you learn best. Get unlimited access to videos, live online training,
learning paths, books, interactive tutorials, and more.