Chapter 8. Security Solutions
Viruses, Trojans, Worms, and Spyware
- A virus is a malicious computer program written with the goal of harming the host it attaches to and executes on.
- Viruses, once they are resident in memory, often delete and modify important files on the infected computer.
- Successful viruses require the program to be executed by a human by opening a program or during computer restart.
- Viruses when run might infect other programs on your hard disk by copying themselves onto the programs.
- Viruses can delete files, erase programs, or destroy all data on a disk.
- Viruses usually attack the host's executable program files, its file-directory system that tracks the location of all your computer's files, its boot and system areas ...
Get CCIE Security Exam Quick Reference Sheets now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.