Answers to Review Questions
1. D. A receiving host can control the transmitter by using flow control (TCP uses windowing by default). By decreasing the window size, the receiving host can slow down the transmitting host so the receiving host does not overflow its buffers.
2. D. A transmission to the MAC address ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff is a broadcast transmission to all stations.
3. C, D. Not that you really want to enlarge a single collision domain, but a hub (multiport repeater) will provide this for you.
4. D. The Transport layer receives large data streams from the upper layers and breaks these up into smaller pieces called segments.
5. A, C, E, G. Routers provide packet switching, packet filtering, internetwork communication, and path selection. ...