In this section, you’ll complete the following labs to make sure you’ve got the information and concepts contained within them fully dialed in:
Lab 3.1: TCP/IP
Lab 3.2: Mapping Applications to the DoD Model
(The answers to the written labs can be found following the answers to the review questions for this chapter.)
Written Lab 3.1: TCP/IP
Answer the following questions about TCP/IP:
1. What is the Class C address range in decimal and in binary?
2. What layer of the DoD model is equivalent to the Transport layer of the OSI model?
3. What is the valid range of a Class A network address?
4. What is the 127.0.0.1 address used for?
5. How do you find the network address from a listed IP address?
6. How do you find the broadcast address ...