Answers to Review Questions
1. B. The Spanning Tree Protocol is used to stop switching loops in a switched network with redundant paths.
2. C. The command show mac address-table displays the forward/filter table on the switch.
3. A, E. Bridges break up collision domains, which would increase the number of collision domains in a network and also make smaller collision domains.
4. C. Convergence occurs when all ports on bridges and switches have transitioned to either the forwarding or blocking states. No data is forwarded until convergence is complete. Before data can be forwarded again, all devices must be updated.
5. C. The Spanning Tree Protocol (STP) was designed to stop layer 2 loops. All Cisco switches have the STP on by default.
6. A, C, ...