Answers to Review Questions
1. A, C, D. There are some various flavors of EAP; some are easier to implement than others. The EAP protocols that are correct are PEAP, EAP-FAST, and Local-EAP
2. C. The IEEE 802.11b and IEEE 802.11g standards both run in the 2.4GHz RF range.
3. D. The IEEE 802.11a standard runs in the 5GHz RF range.
4. C. The IEEE 802.11b and IEEE 802.11g standards both run in the 2.4GHz RF range.
5. C. The minimum parameter configured on an AP for a simple WLAN installation is the SSID, although you should set the channel and authentication method as well.
6. A. WPA2 uses AES-CCMP for encryption. WPA uses TKIP.
7. A. The IEEE 802.11b standard provides three non-overlapping channels.
8. C, E, F. Cordless phone interference, antenna ...