1. C. Encryption is often used to maintain confidentiality. An example is the use of encryption in virtual private networks (VPNs).
2. B. Integrity protection encompasses more than just data; it not only protects data, but also operating systems, applications, and hardware from being altered by unauthorized individuals.
3. A and C. STRIDE, DREAD, and attack trees are examples of threat modeling techniques.
4. C. Damage potential, reproducibility, exploitability, affected users, and discoverability are the components of DREAD.
5. A. Spoofing, tampering, repudiation, information disclosure, denial of service, and elevation of privilege ...