Appendix A Answers to Written Labs
Chapter 1: Internetworking
Written Lab 1.1: OSI Questions
- The Application layer is responsible for finding the network resources broadcast from a server and adding flow control and error control (if the application developer chooses).
- The Physical layer takes frames from the Data Link layer and encodes the 1s and 0s into a digital or analog (Ethernet or wireless) signal for transmission on the network medium.
- The Network layer provides routing through an internetwork and logical addressing.
- The Presentation layer makes sure that data is in a readable format for the Application layer.
- The Session layer sets up, maintains, and terminates sessions between applications.
- PDUs at the Data Link layer are called ...
Get CCNA Routing and Switching Complete Study Guide, 2nd Edition now with O’Reilly online learning.
O’Reilly members experience live online training, plus books, videos, and digital content from 200+ publishers.